diploma recognition

diploma recognition

A recognition of foreign diplomas is generally not necessary. A final degree of a foreign Univerity is officially recognized.

What is important for the recongition of foreign diplomas? 

  • Even if foreign diplomas are generally recognized in Germany, there are some regularized professions (e.g. doctor, architect, lawyer, teacher) which need an official recognition process. The decision will be made by the responsible administration department for the respective profession.

  • Get information on the official homepage: www.anerkennung-in-Deutschland.de (English language available) about the recognition process for your profession and find the institution which is responsible for your request.

  • If you have questions concerning the recognition of your profession, you can call the hotline of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (German and English): Tel: +49 (0) 30 1815 – 1111.

  • Further information concerning the recognition of your diplomas you can find on the homepage "anabin" (only in German) and the homepage of the Senatsverwaltung für Bildung, Jugend und Familie (only in German).

  • If you hold a foreign academic diploma and you wish to make a PhD or a postdoc at a Swiss university, contact the university of your choice directly.


This site uses cookies and analysis tools to improve the usability of the site. More information. |