If you are living and working in Germany you need a current account, so that your employer can transfer your salary. There is a large number of banks where you can open a bank account, applying for a credit or doing some other financial operations.
- Every city or region has its regional banks, like for example the "Sparkasse" or "Volksbank" with subsidiaries at the relevant locations. There are also large banks like the "Deutsche Bank" or the "Commerzbank" which are represented Germany-wide. There are also online-banks, they have very low or no account maintenance charges but have no subisdiaries. But you can withdraw money from ATMs of the partner banks.
- As an EU-citizen you can open a basic bank account at any time (without overdraft). If you want to get a bank account with better conditions, you need to show a valid passport, a registration certificate, and in many cases also a work permit. As a non EU-citizen you need to show the same verifications plus a residence permit.
- Tips how to open a bank account you can get here: www.kontofinder.de. Tips for foreign students and scientists you can get here!
Last job offers
- Materials Science - 23.10
PhD Position (m/f/d) in computational materials science
- Civil Engineering - 23.10
Research Associate* Urban Physics Modeling
- Physics - 9.9
Professur Lasergestützte additive Fertigung / Digitalisierung von Laserprozessen (m/w/d)