Germany’s science and research system is extremely diverse. Besides the country’s research universities, there are a lot of other research organisations. The most important of them are the Max Planck Society, Helmholtz Association, Leibniz Association and the Fraunhofer Society. Besides these major players, Germany also operates a wide range of public and private research centres. All in all, there are around 750 state-financed research institutions in Germany, plus research and development centres run by industrial corporations.
- Helmholtz Association: The Helmholtz Association with 28,000 employees in 16 research centres is Germany’s largest scientific organisation and has an annual budget of approximately 2.8 billion euros.
- Max Planck Society: The Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science is an independent, non-profit research organization that primarily promotes and supports research at its own institutes.
- Leibniz Association: The Leibniz Association comprises 86 research institutions which address scientific issues of importance to society as a whole. They provide infrastructure for science and research and perform research-based services
- Fraunhofer Society: The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft undertakes applied research of direct utility to private and public enterprise and of wide benefit to society.
- Kooperation international is a portal for international cooperation in education and research and a communication platform for those seeking information and cooperation partners in Germany and abroad,
- Forschungslandkarte shows all public and private research institutions in Germany.
- research-in-germany.de: The English web portal is an information platform that provides information on Germany’s research landscape, funding and career opportunities. The news section is the easiest way to stay up-to-date with current news and developments in science and research in Germany. The portal also offers a selection of over 300 annotated links to interesting websites.
- See also the list of the German universities.
Die neuesten Stellenangebote
- Wirtschaft - 10.4
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in Marketing (80 %)
- Umwelt - 9.4
Professor/in für Umwelttechnik
- Physik - 3.4
Junior Remote Sensing Scientists (3 Posts) VN19/10
- Physik - 2.4
Climate Product Expert (VN19/19)
- Informatik/Telekom - 25.4
Professur (W2) für Praktische Informatik
- Wirtschaft - 25.4
Universitätsprofessur (m/w/d) der BesGr. W3 NBesO für Betriebswirtschaftslehre mit Schwerpunkt Versicherungen und Gesundheitsmanagement
- Wirtschaft - 25.4
Professur (W3) für Volkswirtschaftslehre: Ökonomik der Globalisierung (Lehrstuhl) verbunden mit der Leitung des ifo Zentrums...
- Informatik/Telekom - 24.4
PhD/PostDoc position on: ’Real-Time Memory Management in Latest-generation CPU+FPGA SoCs’