Germany’s science and research system is extremely diverse. Besides the country’s research universities, there are a lot of other research organisations. The most important of them are the Max Planck Society, Helmholtz Association, Leibniz Association and the Fraunhofer Society. Besides these major players, Germany also operates a wide range of public and private research centres. All in all, there are around 750 state-financed research institutions in Germany, plus research and development centres run by industrial corporations.
- Helmholtz Association: The Helmholtz Association with 28,000 employees in 16 research centres is Germany’s largest scientific organisation and has an annual budget of approximately 2.8 billion euros.
- Max Planck Society: The Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science is an independent, non-profit research organization that primarily promotes and supports research at its own institutes.
- Leibniz Association: The Leibniz Association comprises 86 research institutions which address scientific issues of importance to society as a whole. They provide infrastructure for science and research and perform research-based services
- Fraunhofer Society: The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft undertakes applied research of direct utility to private and public enterprise and of wide benefit to society.
- Kooperation international is a portal for international cooperation in education and research and a communication platform for those seeking information and cooperation partners in Germany and abroad,
- Forschungslandkarte shows all public and private research institutions in Germany.
- research-in-germany.de: The English web portal is an information platform that provides information on Germany’s research landscape, funding and career opportunities. The news section is the easiest way to stay up-to-date with current news and developments in science and research in Germany. The portal also offers a selection of over 300 annotated links to interesting websites.
- See also the list of the German universities.
Die neuesten Stellenangebote
- Innovation/Technologie - 12.6
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in Innovation, Wettbewerbsfähigkeit und Regionalentwicklung (60–80 %)...
- Sozialwissenschaften - 12.6
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in (50-60 %) Sozialplanung mit Schwerpunkt Historische Sozialforschung...
- Sozialwissenschaften - 12.6
Wissenschaftliche/r Assistent/in (50–60 %) Sozialplanung mit Schwerpunkt „eingreifender Sozialstaat“
- Geowissenschaften - 8.6
Project Managers (m/f), 80 – 100%, Safety Analyses of Deep Geological Repositories
- Informatik/Telekom - 8.6
Research Associate (m/f) / PhD Student ”Hydraulic tomography in fractured rocks“
- Literatur/Linguistik - 19.6
Research Fellow in English / Anglophone Literatures
- - 19.6
Juniorprofessorship in Korean Studies
- Biowissenschaften - 18.6
Professur (W2) auf Zeit (6 Jahre / tenure track) für Regeneration und Plastizität des ZNS