Germany’s science and research system is extremely diverse. Besides the country’s research universities, there are a lot of other research organisations. The most important of them are the Max Planck Society, Helmholtz Association, Leibniz Association and the Fraunhofer Society. Besides these major players, Germany also operates a wide range of public and private research centres. All in all, there are around 750 state-financed research institutions in Germany, plus research and development centres run by industrial corporations.
- Helmholtz Association: The Helmholtz Association with 28,000 employees in 16 research centres is Germany’s largest scientific organisation and has an annual budget of approximately 2.8 billion euros.
- Max Planck Society: The Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science is an independent, non-profit research organization that primarily promotes and supports research at its own institutes.
- Leibniz Association: The Leibniz Association comprises 86 research institutions which address scientific issues of importance to society as a whole. They provide infrastructure for science and research and perform research-based services
- Fraunhofer Society: The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft undertakes applied research of direct utility to private and public enterprise and of wide benefit to society.
- Kooperation international is a portal for international cooperation in education and research and a communication platform for those seeking information and cooperation partners in Germany and abroad,
- Forschungslandkarte shows all public and private research institutions in Germany.
- research-in-germany.de: The English web portal is an information platform that provides information on Germany’s research landscape, funding and career opportunities. The news section is the easiest way to stay up-to-date with current news and developments in science and research in Germany. The portal also offers a selection of over 300 annotated links to interesting websites.
- See also the list of the German universities.
Die neuesten Stellenangebote
- Weiterbildung - 12.2
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in Naturwissenschaftsdidaktik mit Promotionsziel (SNF-Projekt)
- Weiterbildung - 12.2
Wissenschaftliche/r Assistent/in Sportdidaktik (20 %)
- Materialwissenschaft - 5.2
Ingenieure (w/m) und Naturwissenschaftler (w/m) im Chemie-, Pharma – und verwandten Bereichen – Laufbahn als Europäische...
- Physik - 5.2
Remote Sensing Scientist – UVN and UVNS (VN19 04) 2 Positions
- Psychologie - 19.2
Professur für Klinische Psychologie
- Karriere/Anstellung - 19.2
Research Associate (E 13 TV-H)
- Gesundheit - 18.2
Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Medien - 16.2
Post Doctoral Researcher