Germany’s science and research system is extremely diverse. Besides the country’s research universities, there are a lot of other research organisations. The most important of them are the Max Planck Society, Helmholtz Association, Leibniz Association and the Fraunhofer Society. Besides these major players, Germany also operates a wide range of public and private research centres. All in all, there are around 750 state-financed research institutions in Germany, plus research and development centres run by industrial corporations.
- Helmholtz Association: The Helmholtz Association with 28,000 employees in 16 research centres is Germany’s largest scientific organisation and has an annual budget of approximately 2.8 billion euros.
- Max Planck Society: The Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science is an independent, non-profit research organization that primarily promotes and supports research at its own institutes.
- Leibniz Association: The Leibniz Association comprises 86 research institutions which address scientific issues of importance to society as a whole. They provide infrastructure for science and research and perform research-based services
- Fraunhofer Society: The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft undertakes applied research of direct utility to private and public enterprise and of wide benefit to society.
- Kooperation international is a portal for international cooperation in education and research and a communication platform for those seeking information and cooperation partners in Germany and abroad,
- Forschungslandkarte shows all public and private research institutions in Germany.
- research-in-germany.de: The English web portal is an information platform that provides information on Germany’s research landscape, funding and career opportunities. The news section is the easiest way to stay up-to-date with current news and developments in science and research in Germany. The portal also offers a selection of over 300 annotated links to interesting websites.
- See also the list of the German universities.
Die neuesten Stellenangebote
- Agronomie - 12.7
PostDoc / Wissenschaftliche/-r Mitarbeiter/-in: Grundlagenerarbeitung für eine verbesserte Risikoabschätzung von Pflanzenschutzmitteln...
- Physik - 5.7
Passive Microwave Remote Sensing Scientist (VN 19/29)
- Geowissenschaften - 5.7
User Training Officer (VN 19/28)
- Informatik/Telekom - 2.7
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in mit Schwerpunkt Deep Learning / Machine Learning (60% - 100%)
- Physik - 28.6
PhD Position (m/f/d) in Polymer Physics
- Physik - 19.7
Scientific Research Fellow
- Umwelt - 19.7
Professur für Umweltpolitik
- Chemie - 18.7
Postdoc position (m/f/d)