Panel discussion with the heads of the three major Berlin universities, Charité, and the University of Oxford about their partnership after Brexit
No 290/2018 from Oct 26, 2018
The three major Berlin universities and Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin are working together for a successful future of Berlin as a research hub. They have formed a strategic cooperation partnership with the University of Oxford. It is the first such agreement between the four Berlin institutions and an external academic partner.
In a public panel discussion entitled, "Universities Working Together Across Borders in an Era of Nationalism," the representatives will discuss future paths of academic exchange and present the Berlin-Oxford partnership:
- Dr. h.c. Karl Max Einhäupl, Chief Executive Officer of the Board of Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr. Sabine Kunst, President of Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Louise Richardson, Vice Chancellor of the University of Oxford
- Christian Thomsen, President of Technische Universität Berlin
- Günter M. Ziegler, President of Freie Universität Berlin
The Deputy Head of Mission at the British Embassy Berlin, Robbie Bulloch, will greet the audience.Andreas Gestrich, the recently retired director of the German Historical Institute London, will moderate the event.
The panel discussion is the kick-off event for "The Oxford-Berlin Lectures in the Humanities and Social Sciences" monthly series of the Centre for British Studies of Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, taking place this winter semester.