Thanks to public transport, people in Germany have many ways to get around. Here you can find an overview:
- Airplane: Germany has a lot of international airports. The largest and most important airports are: Frankfurt, Munic, Berlin-Tegel, Hamburg, Cologne, and Stuttgart. Depending on the destination, it is convenient to take the plane within Germany. But to get a cheap flight it is often necessary to buy a ticket in advance. On the internet there are a lot of flight portals where you can search for cheap flights, for example opodo.de.
- Train: Within Germany you can travel comfortably by train. The trains have a high standard and most cities (also small cities) have a train station. On the internet (Deutschen Bahn) you can find all train connections. If you book in advance, there are a lot of attractive offers. Furthermore the Deutsche Bahn offers the Bahncard 25 or Bahncard 50 with which you can you can always buy discounted tickets.
- Public transportation: Especially when you are living or travelling in a city, it is recommendable, to use public transportation. If busses, metro or tram, most of the German cities have a good developed network of public transports. As the public transport is organized regionally, you can get the information about connections and tickets on the respective homepage of the city or the local operator.
- Cars: All important information you can find on our site: cars.
- Taxi: You can order a taxi by telephone or get a taxi at a taxi station. Every taxi has a taximeter and fixed prices. But the prices can be different from city to city and are in general relatively expensive.
- Bicycle: In Germany you can make a lot of good bicycle tours or bike excursions. In bookshops or on the internet you can find a big choice of travel guides. If you want to use the bike to get around in your city, you can find bike-sharing-stations in many cities.
Last job offers
- Health - 6.12
Co-Leiter / Innen Bachelorstudiengang Gesundheitsförderung und Prävention (2 x 80-100 %)
- Continuing Education - 5.12
Professor/in Organisation und Change Management (80–100 %)
- Criminology/Forensics - 4.12
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter (m/w/d)
- Health - 2.12
CeMM International PhD Program in Molecular Technologies and Systems Medicine
- Business/Economics - 29.11
Economist / Senior Economist (80-100%) International Policy Analysis
- Environment - 25.11
Senior Windows Systemspezialistin / Systemspezialist
- Electroengineering - 20.11
Smart Manufacturing Engineer (m/f/d)
- Psychology - 18.11
Assistant Professor of Psychology