The German school system is not national, but differently organized in the federal states. In the following the German school system will be described in its main features.
- The average age at which children starts school is 6 years.
- The compulsory education lasts 9 or 10 years. After this time there is a duty to visit a vocational school or another fulltime school.
- Children attend primary school for four years. After primary school the students can choose between different types of school. Usual schools are the high school (in total with primary school: 12 years) which qualifies for attending university, The "Realschule" (10 years in total) and the "Hauptschule" (9 years in total). But more and more the comprehensive schools are very common. These schools including all types of school.
- There are also a lot of private schools in Germany, having for example an international focus. Here you can get an overview of private schools.
Last job offers
- Health - 6.12
Co-Leiter / Innen Bachelorstudiengang Gesundheitsförderung und Prävention (2 x 80-100 %)
- Continuing Education - 5.12
Professor/in Organisation und Change Management (80–100 %)
- Criminology/Forensics - 4.12
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter (m/w/d)
- Health - 2.12
CeMM International PhD Program in Molecular Technologies and Systems Medicine
- Business/Economics - 29.11
Economist / Senior Economist (80-100%) International Policy Analysis
- Environment - 25.11
Senior Windows Systemspezialistin / Systemspezialist
- Electroengineering - 20.11
Smart Manufacturing Engineer (m/f/d)
- Psychology - 18.11
Assistant Professor of Psychology