Here you can find an overview about the different childcare provisions for babies and children less than three years, preschool children and schoolchildren. Since 2013 parents have a legal entitlement to a nursery school place for children older than one year. But the demand is high and there are not enough free nursery school places at the moment. Therefore you should look for an place at an early stage!
- Day care centre: Day care centre (Kita) is a collective term for different facilities of day care for children: nursery (0-3 years), kindergarten (3-6 years) and a after school day care (primary school kids). The childcare can be part-time or fulltime. The costs vary depending on the city, the income of the parents and the number of children.
- Day Care Families: This is a childcare in a familylike environment, especially for children under three years. The day-care mother cares for children in her home. She needs to be qualified professionally and personally and can care for 5 childs maximum at the same time. She needs to provide approriate rooms and a child care licence. The days and care time are agreed individually and also the costs are are individual and very different. Usually the costs are from 5 to 8 Euros per hour and per child. Often this service is organized simply via private networking.
- Au Pair: It is a programme for young people (18-26 years) from abroad to improve their language skills. They live in a family, caring for the children and helping with the housekeeping. Since it is a programme to learn German only families speaking german can participate.
- To find a good Kita (day care centre).
- More information about day care: www.familie-und-tipps.de.
- www.tagesmutter.com: Here you get indormation about childminders.
Last job offers
- Physics - 21.8
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter/ Doktorand (m/w/d) „Wärmenetze der nächsten Generation“
- Computer Science/Telecom - 20.8
Senior Bioinformatics Scientist (Protein Bioinformatics) (m/f/d)
- Environment - 14.8
Wissenschaftliche/n Mitarbeitende/n Gebäude-Energie-Systeme
- Life Sciences - 13.8
Head of Genomics Technology Development Team
- Life Sciences - 13.8
Scientific Officer in Genomics Technology Development
- Physics - 13.8
Remote Sensing Scientist – Optical Radiative Transfer (VN 19/40)
- Chemistry - 7.8
- Pharmacology - 7.8
Wissenschaftliche/n Mitarbeitende/n Pharmazeutische Technologie