- Speed limits are: 50km/h in towns and villages, 100 km/h on the main roads outside built-areas. On the highway there is a recommended speed of 130 km/h, but no definded maximum speed. If there is a spped limit on a highway it is marked with a traffic sign.
- Respect speed limits is in your best interest : speed controls are common and tickets expensive!
- At the moment there is no road charge in Germany. But it is planned for 2018. Car-drivers will have to pay a charge up to 130.- euros per year. But German vehicle-owners will get the charge refunded (They will pay less vehicle tax).
- Important telephone-numbers:police-emergency: 110, fire-emergency: 112
- The ADAC (Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobil-Club e.V.) is europes biggest automobile club and offers its members breakdown service for example and many other services. The homepage offers a lot of important information about driving a car.
Last job offers
- Electroengineering - 8.7
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter/ Doktorand (m/w/d) „Direktmethanisierung von Wasserstoff in Biogasanlagen“
- Innovation - 8.7
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter/ Doktorand (m/w/d) "Ländliche Energieversorgung der Zukunft"
- Computer Science - 3.6
Wissenschaftler (w/m/d) mit Fokus auf Data Science oder Bioinformatik