8.3.16: Wir haben das Design des MyTUM-Portals verändert - Review-Phase Noch nicht alle Gestaltungen sind optimiert, entschuldigen Sie bitte etwaige Unannehmlichkeiten. Wir sind ’im Hintergrund’ mit den Nachbesserungen beschäftigt. Kontakt:
Technische Universität München
Position available starting 1st December, 2023, or as soon as possible thereafter.
19.09.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal
!-- News from section : ---
The Bienert Lab is part of the TUM School of Life Sciences of the Technical University of Munich located in Freising-Weihenstephan. The main objective of the research group ’Crop Physiology’ is to understand the physiology of plants down to the structure and function of genes and proteins. Thereby, relevant mechanisms are identified, which allow optimizing biotechnologically and agriculturally important quality and yield traits and allow the generation of crops, which are beneficial for the society in terms of foodsecurity (improved plant performance and stress tolerance) and foodsafety (generation of healthier food). We focus in particular on molecular metalloid- and water efficiency mechanisms in roots and flowers of oilseed rape, maize and Arabidopsis
YOUR TASKS o We recently identified promising uncharacterized candidate genes and regulatory cell biological pathways, which are awaiting to be molecularly and physiologically studied in terms of their contribution to boron-efficiency and to developmental root growth processes. A unique set of highly boron-efficient Arabidopsis and Brassica napus accessions is ready to be exploited. You will benefit from advanced preliminary work!
- You will characterize metalloid transport proteins.
- You will be involved in the training of students on the Bachelor and Master level.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS o You have a PhD or equivalent degree in biology, agricultural biology or any related field.
- You have a very strong background in cell biology, molecular plant nutrition and / or molecular plant physiology.
- You have an advanced wet-lab experience in molecular biology and in reverse genetic approaches.
- You are familiar with FAIR data handling and in silico data analysis.
- You work precisely and reliable.
YOU FIT TO US o You are an outstanding & highly-motivated postdoctoral researcher with the ambition and commitment to achieve scientific excellence in a worldclass university with state-of-the-art facilities and scientists from all over the world.
- You show a very strong team spirit and have the ability to work independently.
- You have a passion in unraveling biological mechanisms, solving scientific questions and a high degree of self-initiative and individual responsibility to succeed in your tasks.
OUR OFFER o An excellent interdisciplinary research environment at the interface of cell biology and molecular physiology.
- A friendly and productive working atmosphere in a highly motivated team and in a newly established and equipped laboratory.
- A full-time position, for initially up to three years (extension possible), starting as soon as possible and preferentially in December 2023.
- A gross salary up to E13 TV-L. Salary will be determined in accordance with the German collective wage agreement in public services.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW Individuals with severe disabilities are given preference, if they have the same aptitude & qualifications. The TUM seeks to increase the proportion of women in those areas where they are underrepresented, therefore applications from women are explicitly encouraged.
YOUR APPLICATION Please send your interest and full application as a PDF to patrick.bienert
tum.de or by snail mail to the address below latest until November 15, 2023. The application should include a cover letter, a detailed CV, a description of research experience and interests (max. 1 page) and contact details for 2 references.
If you have questions or require more information, please contact Prof. Bienert:
Technical University of Munich Crop Physiology Prof. Dr. Patrick Bienert Alte Akademie 12, 85354 Freising, Germany Tel. +49 8161 71 3961
?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mls.ls.tum.de%2Fen%2Fcropphys%2Fhome%2F&module=jobs&id=190556" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mls.ls.tum.de%2Fen%2Fcropphys%2Fhome%2F&module=jobs&id=190556" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.mls.ls.tum.de/en/cropphys/home/
?url=www.tum.de&module=jobs&id=190556" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">?url=www.tum.de&module=jobs&id=190556" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.tum.de
Hinweis zum Datenschutz:
Im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung um eine Stelle an der Technischen Universität München (TUM) übermitteln Sie personenbezogene Daten. Beachten Sie bitte hierzu unsere Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. Durch die Übermittlung Ihrer Bewerbung bestätigen Sie, dass Sie die Datenschutzhinweise der TUM zur Kenntnis genommen haben.