Direkt zum Inhalt springen Login
Technische Universität München
Scientific Research Manager (m/f/d) I28 Informatics Visual Computing & Artificial Intelligence
16.08.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are looking for a Scientific Research Manager whose passion is to support academic research at the highest levels, and is committed to building a world class research environment! Keywords: Research Manager, Artificial Intelligence About us
The Visual Computing & Artificial Intelligence lab of Prof. Dr. Matthias Nießner is a group of research enthusiasts pursuing cutting-edge research in computer science at the intersection of computer vision, graphics, and artificial intelligence (AI). Our lab is internationally renowned for its work at top-tier academic venues and is in collaboration
with researchers from all around the world, including leading tech companies such as Google, Facebook, Nvidia,
Sony, and many more.
With our vast success in both academic and industry collaborations, we are now looking for an engaged dynamic personality to join our team whose main focus lies on project management and support of high-impact research.
The contract will be initially limited to two years with the aim of a continued permanent position upon successful evaluation. Website
: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fniessnerlab.org%2F&module=jobs&id=177999" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">?url=https%3A%2F%2Fniessnerlab.org%2F&module=jobs&id=177999" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://niessnerlab.org/ Key Responsibilities
- Management, coordination, and implementation of research projects in the field of artificial intelligence in our lab at the Technical University of Munich (TUM).
- Contribution to third-party funding proposals and reporting, including national, EU, and international scale.
- Providing strategic and operational structure for collaboration activities at TUM, such as meetings and instigation of joint research projects.
- Organization and implementation of scientific activities and events, such as research retreats, exchange and visiting programs, network meetings, etc.
- Fostering interaction and collaboration with other research groups, the department of informatics, the newlyfounded CIT school, as well as other stakeholders at TUM such as the MDSI, ELLIS unit Munich, and the TUM AI Venture Labs.
- Contributions to research and teaching.
- A PhD in engineering, natural- or computer science or mathematics.
- Experience in science management at a university or research institution is highly welcome.
- A reliable, collaborative, creative and with own initiative approach to work and drive forward.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and the ability to manage a broad range of tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills in both English and German with high level of
comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations and across hierarchies
- Very good user knowledge of MS-Office applications and Latex; experience with project management software and CMS are desirable.
- A fantastic work environment with an international team and freedom to design your work projects.
- Full responsibility from the start in an innovative environment and with real impact at the forefront of science
- Opportunity to advance the artificial intelligence ecosystem at TUM and in Munich and extend the international
network of collaborations in these fields
- Highly dynamic and networked working environment with inspiring talents and leaders, renowned experts and
The position is initially limited to two years with employment and remuneration according to the TV-L E13 pay scale. After the two years, the position will be evaluated with the intent of conversion into a permanent position.
Place of employment is Garching bei München. Applications from disabled persons with essentially the same qualifications will be given preference. TUM strives to raise the proportion of women in its workforce and explicitly encourages
applications from qualified women. Data Protection Information
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information.
With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz- Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application
in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM. How to Apply
Please apply with a cover letter stating the earliest date of entry, CV and relevant certificates/
Please send them preferably by e-mail as one PDF file, stating AZ IN2022-16 with the Keyword VC-AI Science Manager, to sb-personalin.tum.de . If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Dr.-Ing. Matthias Niessner by mail, niessnertum.de . Technical University of Munich, Servicebüro Personal, Institut für Informatik, z.Hd. Manuel Waldhans, Boltzmannstr. 3, 85748 Garching. Application deadline 30.09.2022. Hinweis zum Datenschutz:
Im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung um eine Stelle an der Technischen Universität München (TUM) übermitteln Sie personenbezogene Daten. Beachten Sie bitte hierzu unsere Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-
Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. Durch die Übermittlung Ihrer Bewerbung bestätigen Sie, dass Sie die Datenschutzhinweise der TUM zur Kenntnis genommen haben.