Saarland University is a campus university with an international reputation for research excellence, particularly in . The university is also distinguished by its close ties to . Around 17,000 students, studying over one hundred different academic disciplines, are currently enrolled at Saarland University. Your academic qualifications:
Saarland University is officially recognized as one of Germany’s family-friendly higher-education institutions and with a combined workforce of more than 4000 it is one . The research group for Integrative Cellular Biology and Bioinformatics is inviting applications for the following .
Academic research assistant (m/f/x) Reference number W2067
, salary in accordance with the German TV-L salary scale1, pay grade: E13, employment: initially for 1 year with the option for extension, 75 % of standard working time.
There are two positions to be filled.
The state of each cell is regulated by the complex interplay of many different
This has crucial . Modern sequencing technology facilitates the genome- wide characterization of the underlying regulatory factors.
The recently founded group for Integrative Cellular Biology and Bioinformatics (?url=https%3A%2F%2Ficb.uni-saarland.de%2F&module=jobs&id=172418" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">?url=https%3A%2F%2Ficb.uni-saarland.de%2F&module=jobs&id=172418" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://icb.uni-saarland.de/) is developing and applying computational methods to dissect these molecular mechanisms that govern cell state in development and disease.
This requires the analysis and integration of large-scale, multi-omics datasets, and we engage in interdisciplinary collaborations between molecular biology and computer science to drive cutting-edge . We are looking for motivated and creative people to join our team.
The opportunity to pursue a PhD is provided, . Job requirements and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will also be expected to:
- Completed scientific university studies in bioinformatics, computer science, molecular biology or a related discipline.
What we can offer you:
- Proficient knowledge in programming, software development and algorithms (R / Python or similar)
- Experience with UNIX-based operating systems and their CLI tools is an advantage
- Experience in statistics and machine learning is desired, but not required
- Experience with *-omics data analysis and experience with single-cell analyses are desired, but not required
- Independently work on novel and complex topics o Have an expressed interest in the field of epigenomics and gene regulation o Teach in the Bachelor & Master bioinformatics and biology programs and co-supervise final theses o Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language (German is not a requirement)
- A flexible work schedule allowing you to balance work and family o A broad range of further education and professional development programmes o An occupational health management model with numerous attractive options, such as our university sports programme o Supplementary pension scheme (RZVK) o Discounted tickets on local public transport services (’Jobticket’) We look forward to receiving your
(including a letter of motivation, a current CV, references, certificates of completed degrees and transcripts of completed university courses). Please quote reference number W2067
when applying. Applications must be received by no later than 30 April 2022
and should be sent to the following address:
Universität des Saarlandes Herr Jun.-Prof. Dr. Fabian Müller Integrative Cellular Biology and Bioinformatics Email:
saarland.de If you have any questions
, please contact us by Email for assistance.
In accordance with the objectives of its equal opportunities plan, Saarland University seeks to increase the proportion of women . Qualified women candidates are therefore strongly encouraged to apply. Preferential consideration will be given to . The successful candidate has the option of choosing to work part-time in this position. Pay grade classification is based on the particular details of the position held and the extent to which the applicant meets the . When you submit a job application to Saarland University you will be transmitting personal dat a. Please refer to our privacy notice . 13 of the Datenschutz-
Grundverordnung. By submitting your application you confirm that you have taken note of the information in the Saarland University privacy notice.