Here you can find the most important information about child benefit. For additional information especially for foreigners coming to Germany please consider the following links.
- As a foreigner living in Germany you are entitled to child benefit if you are a residence permit holder. Foreigners from the EU/EWR-states are always entitled to child benefit because of the agreeement of free movement. But in both cases you need to proof a German residence.
- Entitled to child benefit are the biological children, adopted children or stepchildren, if they life in the same household.
- Child benefit is payed until the age of 18. If your child is doing an apprenticeship or his studies child benefit is payed until the age of 25.
- For the first and the second child you get 192.- Euro per month, for the third child 198.- Euro and for the fourth and each additional child 223.- Euro per month.
Last job offers
- Health - 11.1
PhD opportunities in a first class research environment
- Life Sciences - 24.12
Akademischer Beschäftigter (m/w/d)
- Environment - 24.12
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter (m/w/d) für EU (H2020)-Projekt im Bereich nachhaltiger Forst- und Holzwirtschaft
- Interdisciplinary - 22.12
Postdoctoral Fellowship and support program at KIT: Young Investigator Group Preparation Program (YIG Prep Pro)
- Environment - 10.12
Technischer Sachverständiger (w/m/d) im Bereich Umwelt- und Sozialverträglichkeitsprüfung