Invitation to digital event for all questions about the Berlin University Alliance (BUA)
What is the goal of the Berlin University Alliance? How can the BUA support my research? What can the alliance offer me as a student? How does the BUA affect my unit or university? What does an integrated research environment look like? And: How can I get involved?
The success of this Alliance of Excellence depends on the ideas and dedication of its researchers, teachers, students, and staff - on us all. It is essential that we continue to share, discuss and work with one another.
That is why the Board of Directors of the Berlin University Alliance would also like to start a conversation with you and is inviting you to a digital panel discussion and dialog on:
Monday, 18 January 2021, from 11:30 to 13:15
Please submit your binding registration in advance. You will receive the access link after registering. Please note that this event will be held in German.
Panel discussion "Ask the BUA!" at 11:30
- Günter M. Ziegler, president of Freie Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr. Sabine Kunst, president of Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and speaker of the Berlin University Alliance
- Christian Thomsen, president of Technische Universität Berlin
- Heyo K. Kroemer, chief executive officer of Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Moderator: Julia Vismann, rbb
The panel discussion will include an interview and Q&A round with the members of the board.
Dialog groups at 12:30
Following the panel discussion, we will be holding parallel dialog groups on the following BUA topics:
- Focusing on Grand Challenges: Rainer Haag, Dr. Claudia Wiedner
- Fostering Knowledge Exchange: Thomas Risse, Nadin Gaasch
- Advancing Research Quality and Value: Beatrice Gründler, Dr. Sybille Hinze
- Promoting Talent: Søren Salomo, Dr. Julia Härder
- Sharing Resources: Sebastian Möller, Dr. Dominika Dolzycka
- Diversity and Gender Equality: Gertraud (Turu) Stadler, Katharina Kowalski
- Teaching and Learning: Hans-Ulrich Heiß, Dr. Nina Lorkowski
- Internationalization: Dr. Ulrike Hillemann-Delaney, Aleksandra Laski
- Questions for the Administrative Office: Sabine Meurer, managing director of the Berlin University Alliance
Researchers and experts from the BUA’s various areas of focus will be available to answer questions. Attendees will have the opportunity to attend two consecutive dialog rounds (slot 1 and slot 2). After the panel discussion, you will be able to select which dialog groups you would like to attend within the digital meeting. Each slot is scheduled for roughly 20 minutes.