working in germany
- Usual working time in Germany: 38-40 hours per week.
- Holidays: At least 4 weeks per year.
- The following days are general holidays: 1st of January, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Labour Day (1st May), Ascension Day, Whit Monday, German Unity Day (3rd October), 25th and 26th of December. Most of the federal states have some additional holidays.
- It depends on your contract if overtime is disbursed or can be compensated.
- Look at our salary section which salary you can expect.
- The following information must be written in your work contract: Name of employer and employee, start date of the contract, duration of the contract (fixed-term contract), place of work, salary, working time, holidays, term of notice.
Get information about work- and residence permits for
- Maternity: Your rights if your are pregnant
- worker-participation.eu: here you can find information about Germany’s largest labour unions.
- The page: www.bamf.de provides information for high qualified immigrants.
- The page www.intez.de provides important information and support for hight qualified immigrants (only in German).
- The Federal Employment Agency supports you if you are looking for a job in Germany.
- www.make-it-in-germany.com working-guide for Germany.
- If you need to know how and where to apply in Germany, our coaching or application hotline may help.
- jobs.myScience.de the job portal for scientists, researchers and academics in Germany.
Last job offers
- Art and Design - 17.7
Wissenschaftliche/r Assistent/in Atelier- und Werkstattbetreuung (30 %)
- Architecture - 15.7
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in für Projektakquisition in den Bereichen Architektur, Städtebau und Architektursoziologie...
- Agronomy/Food Science - 12.7
PostDoc / Wissenschaftliche/-r Mitarbeiter/-in: Grundlagenerarbeitung für eine verbesserte Risikoabschätzung von Pflanzenschutzmitteln...
- Physics - 5.7
Passive Microwave Remote Sensing Scientist (VN 19/29)
- Earth Sciences - 5.7
User Training Officer (VN 19/28)
- Computer Science/Telecom - 2.7
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in mit Schwerpunkt Deep Learning / Machine Learning (60% - 100%)
- Pedagogy - 2.7
Leiter/in Ausbildung Mitglied der Hochschulleitung
- Physics - 28.6
PhD Position (m/f/d) in Polymer Physics