Germany’s science and research system is extremely diverse. Besides the country’s research universities, there are a lot of other research organisations. The most important of them are the Max Planck Society, Helmholtz Association, Leibniz Association and the Fraunhofer Society. Besides these major players, Germany also operates a wide range of public and private research centres. All in all, there are around 750 state-financed research institutions in Germany, plus research and development centres run by industrial corporations.
- Helmholtz Association: The Helmholtz Association with 28,000 employees in 16 research centres is Germany’s largest scientific organisation and has an annual budget of approximately 2.8 billion euros.
- Max Planck Society: The Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science is an independent, non-profit research organization that primarily promotes and supports research at its own institutes.
- Leibniz Association: The Leibniz Association comprises 86 research institutions which address scientific issues of importance to society as a whole. They provide infrastructure for science and research and perform research-based services
- Fraunhofer Society: The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft undertakes applied research of direct utility to private and public enterprise and of wide benefit to society.
- Kooperation international is a portal for international cooperation in education and research and a communication platform for those seeking information and cooperation partners in Germany and abroad,
- Forschungslandkarte shows all public and private research institutions in Germany.
- research-in-germany.de: The English web portal is an information platform that provides information on Germany’s research landscape, funding and career opportunities. The news section is the easiest way to stay up-to-date with current news and developments in science and research in Germany. The portal also offers a selection of over 300 annotated links to interesting websites.
- See also the list of the German universities.
Die neusten Stellenangebote
- Umweltwissenschaften - 14.5
PhD Position Agent-Based Modelling (13 TV-L, 50%)
- Rechtswissenschaft - 24.5
Juniorprofessur (W1) für Kriminologie und Strafrechtspflege
- Mikrotechnik - 24.5
Chair of Computer Engineering
- Psychologie - 24.5
Research Associate at the Department of Psychology, Division of Psycholgy and Sports Science
- Mathematik - 24.5
Vertretung einer W2-Professur in Angewandter Mathematik (Stochastik)
- Physik - 24.5
Universitätsprofessur (W3) "Technische Physik" in der Fakultät für Mathematik und Naturwissenschaften...
- Medienwissenschaften - 24.5
Universitätsprofessur für Publizistik- und Kommunikationswissenschaft mit dem Schwerpunkt Kommunikations-geschichte...
- Betriebswissenschaft - 23.5
Professur für Volkswirtschaftslehre